Dear Parents and Carers,
You might have heard on the news recently about the governments Obesity Strategy and Sugar Tax. The primary outcomes of these is that the government is setting each child the target of being active for 60 minutes a day, 30 of which have to be at school. At High Green we are taking this very seriously and are committed to providing at least 30 minutes of physical activity to every child each day. To do this we have created an Active Charter. Please see below for a few examples of what we are doing:
· This week, each class has started their active challenge via GoNoodle. This is a website with a variety of dances and activities for the children to complete. Each class is trying to earn as many active minutes as they can each week, and the class with the most will be awarded the Active Class of the Week trophy! If you would like to have a go at home, GoNoodle is a free website to sign up to!
· Our School Sports Crew are currently in the process of redesigning the playground to include more active stations.
· Each class is timetabled for a 15 minute woodland session every week.
· At least one enrichment group will be physical activity based.
· Each class will have an active assembly every week.
· At least one active maths lesson each week.
· We will be attending regular sporting competitions throughout the year to allow the children to demonstrate their skills in a competitive environment. I am proud to say that during each event that we attended last half term, one of our children was selected as a Player of the Day for the teamwork and positive attitude that they demonstrated.
A full copy of the Active Charter is attached below if you would like read through it.
Thank you for your continued support, without the enthusiasm and commitment of all the children at High Green none of this would be possible!
Active charter – please click here
Active Challenges Spring 2 – please click here
Active Challenges Summer 1 – please click here
W/E 25/10/2019 The Active class of the week is………….
Well done to all of the children for their enthusiasm and positivity
towards earning their active minutes